Ready to be a Saluki? Now is the time! Below you will find our application processes for our Online Graduate programs. At any time, if you would like assistance through this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618|453-3030.
The application requirements for the Online M.S. in Strategic Analytics, the M.B.A. programs, and the Certificate in Analytics for Managers have been unified and streamlined:
- Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts are required of all students, but we can make a preliminary decision based on unofficial transcripts that can be uploaded at the time you make this application.
- Résumé, which should include:
- All full-time professional positions you have held as of the completion of your bachelor’s degree. If you have multiple bachelor’s degrees, please include all positions you have held since your first degree.
- Contact information for at least 3 references.
- Applicants for entry into a Master program for Spring 2022 or later must also have at least ONE of the following:
- EXPERIENTIAL OPTION: Five years of professional full-time post-baccalaureate work experience,
- ACADEMIC OPTION: A baccalaureate degree with an AACSB accredited major AND a GPA of 3.5 or higher,
- PERSONAL STATEMENT OPTION: A personal statement regarding entry into their selected program, OR
- ENTRANCE EXAM OPTION: GMAT or GRE scores.
- International Applicants, please see “Special Requirements” below.
Special Requirements (click heading below)
If you are currently in an SIU graduate program, we require a letter of support from your advisor to ensure you remain on a doable graduation trajectory. However, you do not need to complete the GS Application (#1) from above as you have already done so to enter your program.
If you are not a graduate student, then you will need to apply as a non-declared graduate student during the GS Application (#1) above.
- Letter from your advisor
- Please have your advisor submit a memorandum of support for your participation in completing our certificate. This does not need to be extensive, simply a statement that the program or school supports you in taking the time to complete the coursework for the certificate.
- If you are currently a non-declared student and thus not in a program of study, this requirement is waived.
NOTE: If you wish to apply to the Certificate in Analytics for Managers as a non-declared student and are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States, please contact Nicholas at email@example.com
Some applicants may have additional application requirements placed upon them based on their education and experience outside of the United States.
- English transcripts
- Although transcripts are needed for all applicants, certified transcription of academic transcripts to English are also required.
- All degrees awarded from a non-US institution must be showed through submission of certified copies of your diploma.
- English language proficiency
- International Students must demonstrate proficiency of the English language.
- Please see SIU's International Admissions for more information.
- NOTE: The section on “Proof of Funds” is not required for applicants of our Online programs.
NOTE: If you wish to apply to the Certificate in Analytics for Managers as a non-declared student and are neither a citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States, please contact Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission and More Information
Phone: 618| 453-3030
Online Graduate Programs
College of Business and Analytics
Southern Illinois University
Carbondale, IL 62901