Optional MBA Concentration
Students have the option of completing a General MBA degree (with no concentration) OR they can choose to complete a concentration in Analytics for Managers.
We live in exciting times. In every sector of the economy, we are accumulating unprecedented amounts of data. Analytics is the discipline that has emerged to help us make sense out of these mountains of data: in retail; in service industries; in the healthcare industry; in financial markets, etc. Data Analytics, and its sister, artificial intelligence are now steering strategic decision making everywhere. And, there are not nearly enough people trained to manage this revolutionary development in the production of business data.
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale’s College of Business created the oMBA concentration in Analytics for Managers to prepare students to fill this void and to make a meaningful impact in industry. Managers who know and understand how to implement analytics are needed in every business sector: healthcare, marketing, manufacturing, engineering, logistics, retail, hospitality, financial services etc. Our oMBA analytics concentration puts leading-edge developments in artificial intelligence, prediction and data visualization on top of a solid MBA foundation.
Benefits of an MBA with AN Analytics for Managers concentration from the SIU College of Business
- Students in this program have access to and are supported by top analytics experts through the Pontikes Center for Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
- As one of the fastest-growing fields in business, analytics presents exciting career opportunities. Our unique program provides the training you need to take advantage of these opportunities in a wide variety of industries and companies.
- Through our oMBA analytics concentration, you will learn how to manage the process of converting large amounts of collected data into valuable and useful information.
- Our program combines traditional MBA courses with analytics courses prepare you to manage the connection of data and people.
- This 100 percent online program is designed for working professionals. We provide the flexibility you need to balance your career and your education.